Saturday, September 19, 2015

v0.18 is Live!

Pop over to the Play the Game tab to play the new version now! Also, if you've already downloaded/played the game elsewhere on the day of this post, please force-refresh the file! There was one bug that made it through to release, but the files have been re-uploaded with a fix!

It's been a wild ride making this update happen. The Patreon has funded two new pieces of art for every new version of the game, which I thought would be a snap, but problem after complication after delay turned three months into two weeks, with no art ready! I had to put aside my goals for the specific art I wanted for this version and scramble to get something else ready in time. Fortunately I found some very helpful artists willing to make this happen for me, so the new pieces are ready in time! I also took some time to overhaul how MVOL handles art, including the way it's presented and the quality and compression it applies. The file has actually doubled in size after all this (the loading screen seems much more appropriate now!) but I think you'll see a distinct rise in quality, especially if you're not playing the game at native resolution!

Past that, a bunch of new story content is jammed in there! It totaled over 15,000 words of new content, including two new endings and the first path out of the stone door and back to the void for good. We're pushing well toward the end of the stone door, but if you'd like to get a more concrete idea of exactly how far along we are toward completing this arc, you can check out this helpful post on my Patreon!

Lastly, I've been working with my new variant writer to massage some of the old scenes. We haven't changed very much so far, partly because I realized that I need to revamp my text parsing system with something a little more powerful! So you can look forward to more of that in future versions, but for now, there's just a handful of little edits for quality and variance here and there.

It's great to finally have the game out for everyone to see! I'll be getting to work soon on setting up a discussion for you all to join as I discussed in the last post, so keep an eye out for more news here! For now, I think I'm gonna go lie down...

16 comments:

  1. I was pretty excited for this update, until I realized there were only 2 new scenes and 2 images added after months of waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never claimed to be a fast writer ^.^; I'm always frustrated that I'm not writing more and faster, but I'm slow partly because I'm focused on quality over quantity, and often that means putting the pen down and waiting until I can write something better.

      With that said, I'm actually fairly proud of this version's additions. There are three new scenes, and the total text added totals to almost forty pages of new writing. If that's not enough for you, I'd encourage you to check out projects like Trials in Tainted space, which has multiple writers and is more focused on raw, mass production. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. It's indeed a lot of writing per scene, but I'm mostly dissapointed because it's all submissive stuff (haven't checked out the new scenes for the pink/blue path since those paths are generally submissive as well).

      And I actually like Trials in tainted space less than this game, because it's like 70% herms, 25% females, and 5% males.

      Delete
    3. Edit: I know there's some dominant stuff in the other paths as well, but I just prefer playing the black collar path.

      Delete
    4. Well, that's fair enough ^.^; fewer but longer scenes can mean some updates don't have something for everyone. I hope you can find something to enjoy in future updates, then.

      Delete
  2. I have been enjoying the game so far but there seems to be an issue. I don't know if it's me or the game but during some part of the first new scene for the stone door, there seemed to be a bug. The text looked broken up and not all of it was appearing. At the bottom of the page it said [error: connection lost] [please restart your terminal] [we apologize for the inconvenience].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry if it was unclear. That's one of the endings! :3 You should be able to return to just before it, should you need to, using your last autosave, if you haven't done anything else since then.

      Delete
  3. Oh OK thanks for clarifying that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I donate a few bucks to you, will you still give out the cheatcode build? I dislike patreon (I've had some problems).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the regular donation system is still in place, same as before. The links are just under the Patreon logo.

      Delete
  5. Will non donators get access to a female Lith in the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan! The female Lith content is still pretty incomplete, so I need to go back and write it into a whole bunch of scenes before there's enough of it to really let everyone play it out. Similarly, the female avatar content is still pretty spotty, and you can't really get the black collar without a dick, but there's at least enough of it for folks to play more than half of the game safely ^.^;

      Delete
  6. Not sure if this is a bug but thought I would let you know; the final line of text at the beginning, along with the text stating the starting info you chose for yourself and Lith looks like it is tabbed either once or multiple times between words (screen shot below all the text). Doesn't make the game unplayable by any means; just thought I would let you know so it could be look silghtly better; love the new (to me) loading screen btw looks awesome.

    http://prntscr.com/8legst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm looking into this, check my new blog post! You can grab an alt version of the game that should fix it for now. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
    2. Will do thanks for the quick update; keep up the good work! :D

      Delete