Saturday, January 26, 2013

Gender vs. Sex and Future Options

The poll going on right now dips into some of the nooks and crannies of the sex options that I'm planning on making available in the future for MVOL. I've made a few decisions as I've gone on to restrict certain options, and I go into the reasons on the forum. There has been a little confusion as to what exactly I'm saying I'm planning, however, so I thought I'd try and clarify that here.

Can a male or female identity Lith have _____?
Anatomy | "He" Lith | "She" Lith
Penis   |   Always  |    Yes
Vagina  |    No     |    Yes
Breasts |    No     |    Yes


Can Lith have ______ if the avatar does or doesn't have a dick?
Lith's  |Av. w/ Dick|Av. w/ No Dick
Penis   |   Yes     |   Always
Vagina  |   Yes     |    Yes
Breasts |   Yes     |    Yes


Can Lith have ______ when s/he has or doesn't have a dick?
Lith's  |   Dick    |    No Dick
Vagina  |    Yes    |   Always
Breasts |    Yes    |    Yes


So if you want to have a Lith that identifies as a girl, has breasts, but has a dick, that will work just fine, and she can have a vagina or not, your choice. But if you leave Lith identifying as a boy, his anatomy will essentially be unchangeable. If you choose to have no dick when that becomes available, then you'll be able to give Lith a vagina and breasts as long as you've chosen to have him identify as a girl, but you won't be able to take away her dick.

Again, if you'd like to know more about the reasons behind these decisions, or want to discuss them, I encourage you to join us on the forum. The poll is also there as a way for you to voice your desires. I'm sure some of you will be disappointed that these options are being restricted, and I'm sorry for that, but I don't think there's a significant enough demand for it to be worth writing in throughout the length of the game and fighting my own instincts on what's right for Lith. But the poll is your chance to prove me wrong on that point, should the case be.

I hope this clears things up a bit, and thanks for taking the time to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment