Saturday, July 30, 2016

Breaks 'n' Balls

I told myself I needed to update this blog more, and I finally had a reason to remind myself to hop on here! I've published a new story on SoFurry and Inkbunny: To Hold On To Pt 4. This is another in the series of sketch stories I pummel out now and then to blow off some steam and get a change of pace after cramming on work for MVOL, and explore some of my other weird fetishes. You may want to check the tags before reading, but if you're on the fence, I'd encourage you to at least give it a try. Start from Part 1, if you haven't seen this series already!

That's the proper announcement out of the way. In other news, I've been a bad writer. I finally got my release schedule for MVOL swung around so I'm releasing at (or around) the beginning of the month, which is good, but it also feels really weird and has kind of thrown me off my usual rhythm for handling writing on MVOL. I've been releasing in the middle of the month, every other month for about a year now, I think, so I've gotten a little set in my ways, and that's created some complications.

Add on top of that, I was feeling rushed and super busy for several months, and only at the beginning of this month did I finally have the chance to take a deep breath, get a little time to myself... and play some video games relatively guilt-free. And now... well, the month is just about gone, and I've found I've gotten very little done! I've been working with the team over at The Cathouse Tale a lot, of course, there's always a lot going on, it's always rush hour over yonder. But I let myself go days, even weeks without writing, to let myself recharge. And I let that become a habit, which is the worst thing I can do to myself.

So now I'm fighting the habit, and trying to get back into my routine of finding as many times as I can to write throughout the day. I don't even have enough content for the Monthly Mini-Update right now, so I'm gonna be crunching on that and apparently trying to send something out at the very last minute. And that feels shitty, but it's where I am right now. I thought I'd finally gotten away from the last minute thing, but rotating my schedule forward one way puts me behind another, apparently.

I know some of you will be disappointed with me. Just know that I'm more disappointed with myself. I'm putting this up half as a sort of penance, to remind myself that even if I have time for a break, I always need to make sure I can set and follow a schedule for getting back to work well ahead of the next crisis. We're all good at proctastinating and working just under the deadline, but I still like to believe I can get myself into a more steady workflow. Someday! Haha.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading my self-admonitory rambling, folks. More game content will be coming up soon! You can always keep an eye on my Twitter for rather more regular, if tiny updates on what's going on!

6 comments:

  1. Is there a probably date to expect MVOLith V0.24 release? Of course we all understand there's a probability of error or something and consequently postbone the release.Sorry, i just dying to see what's new on V0.24

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Sorry, I think I missed your comment before. MVOL updates on a two-month schedule, with the next update coming at the beginning of September. Right now I'm aiming for the 3rd, though as you said that might get pushed back.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, i am a big fan of your work, good luck

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to voice my appreciation for your work, Lithier! Been keeping tabs on you for a while now, but I've finally decided to start actively showing support for my favorite NSFW stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'We cannot be neutral in our lifelong demise precisely because Jesus WILL NOT be neutral at our Divine Judgement' -blessed holy socks

    Ya better live withat fact, pal; ya better conform your indelible soul to that axiom, earthling: once this finite existence is finished, Jesus shall kick-you-out of Seventh-Heaven if you're lukewarm.

    This aint no joke, pal;
    what we do in our lifetimes
    has eternal consequences:
    Jesus sez...
    FEW SHALL ENTER SEVENTH-HEAVEN.

    Howd'ya literally N figuratively
    WISEABOVE?? Pray the Stations. Go to Mass at least Sunday. Lissen. Pray the Rosary to kick-Satan's-ass. Carry your cross - literally and/or figuratively. Goto the Adoration Chapel located inside every Catholic choirch. Pray, pray, pray. Offer your whole day N night to the Trinity. Read your Bible. DO IT! We dont have long before our LastPage.

    Withe filthy, whorizontal piss-ants which swiftly crawl like lemmings to their scorecard destruction seeing who can git a lower place in Hellfire, dont you think your lifetime is EXTREMELY vital to the planet? Thus, to love the lives of others is to love your own: spread the Gospel of Jesus.

    trustNjesus.
    ALWAYS.
    God bless your indelible soul.
    Yes, earthling, Im an NDE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesnt matter if you aint
      a Catholic, only 2 realms
      after our lifelong demise...
      and 1 of em aint too cool.

      Make Your Choice -SAW

      Delete